Thursday, September 22, 2005

Night Receptionist VI(a) - You may have won the battle, but I will not lose the war!

I was sitting, minding my own business, when suddenly my ankles started to burn. I itched them endlessly, bending uncomfortably under the desk to reach my tender skin, growing increasingly upset. The more I scratched, the more it itched.

I couldn’t figure out why. I did figure that if I left it alone, it’s go away.

But it didn’t. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore and drew my legs up onto the desk completely ignoring the fact that I’m wearing a skirt. There were not one, or two, or even three – but SIX big swollen mounds of burning white flesh amongst the irritated red skin on my ankles. Sure enough, chasing my bare legs like a greedy little bastard, was a big, fat, mosquito.

I chased it angrily – slapping air, knocking over my chair, spilling trash – but it escaped. I refuse to give up. I’m bent on revenge. Its blood will be spilt tonight.

No comments: