Sunday, October 02, 2005

Lovely

Today is one of those days when the ocean is a bold, sapphire blue. It shimmers under the golden sun – for which the côte d’azur is famous – like a jewel, broken only by the whimsical pearl-white sail of the classic boats gathering in St. Tropez for La Voile. The trees and vineyards are a potent dark green contrasted by the bright orange houses scattered throughout the vegetation. Though cool, the air is crystal clear, light and refreshing. The sky is the same happy blue Shannon and I painted our room freshman year. Turning inland, I feel as if I could look on forever, until the earth met the sky, if not for the monsterous mountains blocking my sight. I can see one, two, three rows of mountains perfectly – all with jagged, orange rocks protruding from their tree-covered surface. Only one cloud is visible in the whole world today, hanging playfully on top of one mountain peak, catching magnificent colors in its puffy crevices. It’s a beautiful day.

Work was busy, crowded, stressful – but left me with a sense of accomplishment. I get along so well with all the people there; it feels good to have friends (especially when one is a strikingly handsome Frenchman who learned perfect English in Canada). I’m triple booked for tonight – friends from the Sube, friends from Papagayo, friends from around. Tequila is a floppy puppy full of love to give. It’s a beautiful life.

I donwanna go home!
I donwanna grow up; get a real job!
I wanna stay here forever, doing nothing, bathing in these colors, laying out on the beach, eating good food, drinking rosé, wasting my life in the playground of the rich & famous!
I wanna live this fantasy, free of responsibilities forever!

Hahah, ok ok, I'll stop with the whiney voice. It's just God, that sea is amazing.

bisous!

No comments: