Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rentre - v. to return (to one’s home)

I can’t believe how easy that was.

I’m now on the plane, watching the vast, open, flat land of Canada stretch to the horizon. I’m too overwhelmed with relief - and too shocked that it's over - to be excited. Tequila and I are safe; sooner rather than later I’ll be in the loving care of family.

Honestly –it’s all blur. An adventure that passed too quickly for my mind to keep up. Last thing I knew, I was awoken in the middle of the night at Tony’s house. Before I knew it, I was at the check-in counter in Nice. Somehow I ended up in Paris and by the time I realized how to get from Terminal 2F Arrivals to Terminal 2A Departures, I was on a plane home, my beautiful dog anxiously awaiting in the belly of that metal beast.

I just want to say one thing: the movie is Fever Pitch. What better way to prepare for Boston than to watch such a fun film, based in that fantastic down, focusing on my fanatic baseball team! Haha

Next time I write… I’ll be home.

No comments: