Monday, August 22, 2005

Update...

I can’t seem to find the time to write. I don’t know why – it’s not like we do a lot!



Stephen (from Le Ptit Club) keeps calling saying how much they miss me there but I just cant seem to muster up the energy at night to go. Although, I must admit I can’t think of what could possibly be draining me of all that energy!



My most exciting news probably is the package that I received from home, full of books and clothes and a beach bag. Other than that, we’ve been lazing around L’Esquinade, making trips to the Raucase Blanc (the big rock), reading & spoiling Tequila. I though all was lost when our hammock broke the first day that Jom arrived, but that night I found another stashed in the closet and the life of relaxation was saved!



Today is also Patty’s last day and I hate to see them go. I’ve been so grateful for Patty’s company, Lexie’s constantly high spirits and source of amusement, and Amanda’s sweet, loving nature. They’re a great family. I do hope to visit them on my tour des Etats-Unis.



It was wonderful to show them the crique, a place where some of my favorite childhood memories reside. Watching Lexie there reminded me so much of my brother when he was nearly 11…



The afternoon pass quickly with lunch at L’Esquinade, a little bit of drama among the children, and hysterical games of ping pong with Lex.

But, c’est tout. Wine & sun have drained me yet again, so I will retire shortly to bed with Tequila and Harry Potter or Stephanie Plum…



Fais des beau rêves…

No comments: