Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Yadda yadda yadda

The good news is I survived my first afternoon at work. I laughed through my mistakes and for the most part, people laughed with me. The men especially. That may or may not have anything to do with the outfit I was wearing. Turns out, people are pretty understanding. “Sorry,” I’ll explain, “I’m just learning French.” And they tend to respond with an enthusiastic, “Formidable!”

Regardless, I walked out feeling very confident with myself and pretty proud of my French skills. We then went out to an amazing dinner at La Faucado in La Garde de Freinet for my Aunt Carol’s birthday. It was amazing.

And then I worked again today.

Work? Yes. I worked hard… waitressing breakfast, cleaning dishes, being a bartender, sweeping floors. It felt great to work, but wow – do I hate it at the same time! I am so nervous – not only do I not know what I’m doing for the job, but I hardly know the language. It makes learning a lot more difficult. And I’ll work again tomorrow.

But I made it home for a delicious lunch followed by a trip to the crique with Jommy. I’m exhausted, anxious to return to Harry, sipping wine from dinner, chatting with the family. We had pizza from Le Will (though both Jommy & I went at separate times to pick up the same order…) Life’s tough… as usual.

Ok ok… gotta get ready for

No comments: