Friday, May 27, 2005

Oh dear God

"I laugh at what I cannot change..." - Dave Matthews Band


Oh my. I had to write again – just made my first trip to the bathroom (yes, I brought my camera… and every other valuable thing I own). There is only one toilet for the entire hotel and it is located in a deep dark corner underneath the stairs. Here you can see the sketchy tiny door to enter and the disgusting toilet, but let me tell you what you cannot see. The entire room is probably two square feet. The toilet, sink and all piping are entirely exposed. The little roll of cheap pink toilet paper is resting, lying down on one of the exposed pipes (apparently they were too cheap to invest in a roll holder) and the lock on the door is mismatched. On top of all this disrepair, there is not a single light or window in the closet (certainly cannot be called a room) so you have to pee in the dark. Yuck.

What is this place?

… I’m dying of heat … must go outside for dinner … (and must bring all my precious belongings!)

No comments: