Thursday, May 26, 2005

PARIS - Day I

“trying to fit the world inside a picture frame…” - John Mayer


Thank God for digital cameras. There is so much beauty to capture I would have run out of film in a 35mm – and I’ve been here for one day. Paris is just too amazing not to explore armed with a camera…


This is Paris to me:


Honestly, here’s a little girl dancing on a bridge to an accordion player’s typically French music, while her mother watches holding two baguettes. The background is none-other than the typically Parisian Haussmann style architecture reminiscent of the 19th century buildings littered around the city.


I must have watched this dog for hours, just aimlessly chasing ducks in the Seine. (Awww… I miss my puppy!)


And of course, what would Paris be without sleazy men? To me though, this is simply one of the city’s favorite pastimes – drinking some beers by the river after a short day at work…

Speaking of men, I’ve found the best way to practice French is to just sit somewhere in the city. Men will flock to you (and believe me, I did not look good today) and want to have your number, give you theirs, take you out to dinner, bring you home afterwards… While in Boston I would be disgusted and would just up and run away, rejecting men here makes for good linguist practice…

Haha, I love this. Another day in this amazing city tomorrow…

No comments: