Thursday, May 26, 2005

When in Paris, do as the Parisians do


Ahh… Les Jardins du Luxembourg.


Green everywhere. It is very hot here in Paris and there isn’t a cloud in the sky – quite the contrast from the cold, rainy week I escaped in Boston. This city is absolutely amazing – people everywhere, but not too crowded like New York. Long history, ancient buildings, and late nights – a world away from Boston. And culture like nowhere in the States.


So far, I’ve helped myself to a breakfast of fresh strawberries and raspberries and cheese, followed by a lunch of coca-cola (in a bottle!) et un saussion-sec (baguette with cheese and sausage). So don’t worry Ma, I’m eating…


As I write this, I’m watching a model (who must be 6 feet tall, not including the 5 inch heels) do a photo shoot in a Gucci suit with a red rose (keep an eye out for me in the background when you see it in the magazines). She’s so skinny they had to pin the size 0 skirt in the back to make it look fitted. Tell me that’s not sad.
- Speaking of, did you know that if a mannequin were alive she would be too underweight to menstruate? Aside from the fact that she had once been a mannequin, of course… I’d imagine that that would cause some problems as well…

So aside from getting a visa to work in France (and leaning the language), I seem to be living without a care in the world. However, I have no place to sleep Sunday night and that is a worry I will have to deal with. For now I have a nice little hotel in the 11th (which I should go check out, now that I think of it), but Sunday night I may just not sleep. Or I might find a hostel. Or something. But really, for my anxious little self I’m doing just fine with this. For now.

Eh, don’t worry too much. Takes the fun away : )

No comments: