Friday, June 10, 2005

BBBbbbrrrrrrr

It's awfully chilly today. Sunny, but cold.

I find myself again sitting in the internet café in St. Tropez, updating my blog, checking email, missing my friends... Except today there's a cool wind off the water from the storm last night. It's always nice to see cloudless blue skies, though!

I just came from my second job and will have to return in a few hours. I don't know... it is an extravagant place called StefanoForever with a live show of dancing naked women and what not. Dinner is 100€ minimum and the wine list is quite extensive, but it will require me to do about 3hrs of vacuuming, dusting, and mopping each morning. And I'm just not sure I do that.

But - the owner wants to give me full control of the bar; designing the cocktail/wine/champaign lists, stocking and ordering all booze, etc. That's exciting? Not that I know how to do any of that...

The owner of this place just said the same line so many people tell me here - the same line that makes me more deteremined to learn French... fast. He asked for my name again (because I have an account here) and I told him for this response: "Oh right! The American girl with the French name but no French!"

So that is me in a nutshell today. I'm going to go try to open this damn bank account again. On verra...

No comments: