Thursday, June 16, 2005

Oops…

I went to bed at about 6pm I was so exhausted from doing nothing all day. I had the most pleasant dreams, rolled over and looked at my clock: 8:04am. I got up, feeling really refreshed and excited to see my parents in a short four hours, and threw open the shudders on the big window to greet the day.

It was light, but the sun hadn’t quite reached its full intensity yet. People were already eating at Chez Camille, which I found rather odd... They have the strangest hours – and usually I wake up well before they’ve even finished cleaning for lunch. But breakfast? Must be a special party or something…

I put on my bathing suit anticipating another gorgeous day – not a cloud in the sky, again. I tidied the house a bit and sat down with my computer to keep myself entertained until the sun warmed up the beach a bit.

About a half hour had passed and the day wasn’t getting any brighter. Curious, I looked at the clock on my computer: 21:17, Thursday, June 16, 2005.

It wasn’t dawn I was witnessing; it was dusk. It was dinnertime at Chez Camille, not breakfast. I hadn’t slept all night; I just had one hell of a power nap.

So I’m now feeling wide awake, looking at the stars starting to come out, feeling hugely disorientated. It’s already dark, so I don’t really want to leave the house – but I’ve got to do something to tucker myself out enough to go back to bed for the night. I need to sleep now, too, because I don’t want to sleep through the arrival of my parents in 16 hours – not 4.This is why I don’t nap. I get way too discombobulated.

On another note – it’s Mummy’s birthday! Yea!

And we’ll celebrate hers and mine on Monday, dining at L’Esquinade. It’s odd to celebrate a birthday overseas; I feel so out-of-sight-out-of-mind. And usually my birthday is a big deal – I feel like I’m starting to catch up with my friends? Eh… someday I’ll be grateful I’m so much younger.

I didn’t do a damn thing today (I am still tempted to write yesterday… I can’t believe that was just a nap and not an evening’s worth of rest). I went to the Internet café and bummed around, went to the bank but my card still hasn’t arrived, shopped around a bit, went back to the Internet café to have lunch, and left St. Tropez. I made a very quick stop at Ramatuelle to see if my package was there, but it wasn’t, so I went to the beach for a quick dip. Manuel offered me all sorts of food and drink and fun activities – but I literally jumped in the water and prepared to leave… but ran into my two new friends and some of their friends. So I chatted a bit, and then left. Called home, then called it a day.

I know, I’m boring, what can I say?
But I’m not so anxious for a job this time I’m bored. More excited to have playmates…

I also noticed today as I made the full-sized bed with two king flat sheets (because that’s all I have) that it’s a damn good thing I am one with the attitude to make the best out of things. Because since I’ve moved overseas, nothing’s been particularly easy. I never seem to have the exact thing I need and instead need to use some sort of ghetto contraption to accomplish what I’m going for. And that’s fine. I’m just very happy my glass is (usually) half-full!

Aritey… gotta find something to entertain myself with until I can actually go back to bed.

No comments: