Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Oh, to work again!

I just watched the sunrise.




It was lovely to use the Internet today, finally. And after I updated my blog and sent some very important emails, I went back to the Papagayo (probably the hottest night spot in St. Tropez) to speak with the bar manager about a job. However, when I arrived at 5pm he was not there – but the Italian dining-room manager was… and he loved me. Gave me a job on the spot (must have been the girls I brought out today… ;)

So I returned at 5pm for my first shift as a bartender sporting the brand new black pants and shoes I picked up at one of the very expensive boutiques in town only to have the bar manager tell me it was not possible for him to hire another person. But he’d give me a chance. And I certainly gave it to him.

I worked my ass of tonight, and it was so much fun. The people I worked with were amazing – absolutely tons of fun. And I spoke French all night long. It was great – God, I miss work.

I made a little bit of money, but it really was all about the good time and making friends. Everyone loved me, which was good, so I get to go back another night! If I could do this for two or three nights a week I would be thrilled. It’s just like home: the chef is crazy (as are all chefs, I suppose), everything must be better than perfect, the plates are way too large for me to carry easily, and all the gay men I work with love my boobs.

Speaking of gay men… I served a table tonight even though I was really just helping out as a backwaiter. Ten gay men from San Francisco came in an requested that I wait on them, probably because I was the only one there who spoke really fluent English – and one of the men lived in the same Back Bay neighborhood I did (of course he lived in Back Bay/South End). We had a blast. I served the table well and they absolutely loved me.

Then after work we went to L’Esquinade – not to be confused with the beach I love. This one is a gay bar downtown, but it is the only bar open late at the moment because the season here has not started quite yet. Aside from having an awesome time with my coworkers, we ran into those same gay guys from San Francisco. While I was dancing with these fantastic guys, a French man tried to stick his tongue down my throat before I cleverly informed him I like women… and then went dancing again with the boys…

The only drawback of the night? Some awful gay guy that my San Fran pals picked up told me I speak terrible French. So I spoke real fast and said all sorts of bad F words in English that he couldn’t understand. I know, childish, but it made me feel better…



I worked hard tonight and played harder afterwards. I am watching the sunrise sipping a glass of rosé. And tomorrow I’ll sleep all day at the beach. My life is amazing…

No comments: