Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Oh my f---in God am I happy here.

Wow.



On this gorgeous afternoon I am sitting at “The View” overlooking the Mediterranean, sipping some delicious rosé, writing whatever my heart desires. It is so clear I can see, perched atop my mountain, four different sets of mountain chains one behind the other. I can see the plages of St. Maxime at the base of the mountains across the bay, and then I can see clearly the mountains behind that. I tried so desperately to capture this scene with my camera but as good as my 5.2mpx Canon is, nothing can do this justice.

I had a day of luxury basking in the sun at L’Esquinade where the parking lot attendee let me in free because he thinks I’m cute and I was treated to a free meal because the owners have some connections with the family. And I got myself a date for tomorrow evening. What more could a girl want?



Seriously, this place is amazing. Beauty is everywhere. And I speak French.

Did I mention I am really, really happy?

I made a little bit of cash last night – not much but enough to buy me some food and get me through the week. Hopefully I get to work again this weekend. The sun today was amazing. The water, cool. One of the kids I worked with kept me company for a few hours this afternoon, and I was thrilled to have someone want to spend some time with me as a friend. Of course, I was even more thrilled when the awfully cute L’Esquinade employee told me I spoke French well and asked me out on a date… Although, I’m not sure I know his name… Hahaha

To top it off, I came home to a freshly cleaned house by the caretakers and though I was terribly embarrassed at the mess I left it in this morning, I was grateful to come home to a nicely made bed.



And just so you know, while this house is occupied this week I will be relocated to the little beach house seen above. Yes, that is the water 20 steps away. And wait till you see the inside.

Life is really, really good.

The only reason why my heart is slightly heavy is because I miss my friends and family dearly.



But looking at this view, I can’t help but to smile so much my cheeks hurt.

: D

No comments: