Monday, June 06, 2005

This journey has been done before… and here’s a shout out to a woman worth admiration:



This is just a quick applause to my dear Aunt Sarah who successfully did what I am trying to do: moved here from the States, found a job, and had a lot of fun. This is not an easy adjustment to make, and not only did she do it but she left quite a mark here. She now speaks the most beautiful French and managed to make every single respectable French man (you know the type, suave, handsome in their own way, intelligent, wealthy… French) absolutely adore her. It’s amazing.

I know this because I went to set up my bank account today and though I probably shouldn’t have been allowed to, the man I spoke with loves Sarah and swears, “You see, Sarah Michel has the key to open all the doors here.”

Not to mention that she has provided me with probably a dozen names of people in high places to help me find a job (that apparently doesn’t exist).

And now she has a beautiful little boy and a house and everyone I see here asks for her.

Props.

No comments: